Sunday, July 24, 2011

Neil Roake


So here we have a fabulous cook book author, Neil Roake, from South Africa. I stumbled across his books while looking for inspiration for my own book in Anthropologie New York. Such an creative and colourful shop, I wish we had a few here in Australia.

Neil has written 3 now and also opened a 'cafe in a container' in Durban at The Concierge Boutique Bungalows called Freedom Cafe, there is also a book to accompany the cafe!

 Like Neil and his books the cafe looks colourful, creative and very well styled. I would love to pop by for a cherry and almond sticky bun or escargots and champignons. Yum.

So you can order them online, i haven't seen them here in Australia but he is defiantly worth a look. It reminds me alot of our coastline and the dream of a little beach house weekender to cook, surf, dive and have fun with friends in the summer dusk light. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment